St. Louis Surgical Consultants’ Vascular Disease Ultrasound Center
An accredited facility for vascular testing by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
Non-invasive testing performed in the office:
- Carotid Ultrasound: detects build up of plaque in the carotid arteries in the neck that can block the arteries leading to the brain and can potentially cause a stroke.
- Abdominal Aortic Ultrasound: Evaluates the size of the abdominal aorta to assess for an aneurysm. Perform routine follow up exams after repair of aneurysms.
- Graft Surveillance: Evaluates the adequacy of blood flow in the arteries in the leg/arm after revascularization surgery.
- Dialysis Graft Ultrasound: Evaluates patency of dialysis grafts as well as pre-operative vein mapping before the creation of the dialysis graft.
- Venous Incompetence Study: Checks the veins in the lower legs to see if there is reflux. Reflux in blood flow can lead to worsening varicosities as well as venous ulcers.
- Lower Extremity Arterial Study: A non invasive study performed by doing segmental pressures, that checks for peripheral vascular disease in the legs.
- Venous Exam of Upper or Lower Extremities: Checks for blood clots in the veins of the legs or arms.
- Femoral Artery Evaluation: Assess the arteries in the groin for possible fistula or pseudoaneurysm which can evolve after an invasive procedure or catheter insertion of the groin.
Procedures performed in the office:
- Venous Ablation Procedure: Assists Physician with all venous ablation procedures that are done in the office. This is a procedure that eliminates flow through an incompetent vein.